Enfield benefits greatly from our diverse and dynamic local communities, whose origins can be traced from all over the world. We estimate that around 26,000 (one in twelve) Enfield residents are from other European Union (EU) countries.
We are proud that so many people from EU countries have chosen to live in Enfield, contributing to the local community. We hope that Brexit will not affect our residents and that those who want to stay will do so.
We are committed to ensuring that Enfield, its residents and businesses get the best outcome from Brexit and are making plans to ensure we continue to provide excellent services to everyone in Enfield.
EU Settlement Scheme
If you're from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein, you and your family might be able to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK.
The deadline to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme was 30 June 2021. You can still apply if you or a family member were living in the UK by 31 December 2020 and meet one of the criteria for a later deadline to apply, or have 'reasonable grounds' for not applying by 30 June 2021.
To apply and for further guidance, visit GOV.UK - Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme or telephone the government helpline on 0300 123 7379.
Residents who have not applied for settled status will be considered unlawfully present in the United Kingdom. They will be at risk of losing access to employment and benefits, as well as being subject to other sanctions, such as being unable to rent from a private landlord in England or get free secondary healthcare.
It is important that you and your family apply without delay – even if you have a UK permanent residence document.
Enfield's EU residents have made a huge contribution to life in our borough, and we want as many to stay here and continue to contribute towards our way of life as possible.
Support to help you apply
If you need help applying to the EU Settlement Scheme, you can contact:
- Citizens Advice Enfield for information, telephone advice or face-to-face appointments on 0808 278 7837. For more information, visit Citizens Advice - EU Settlement Scheme.
- Enfield Council on 020 8379 1000 (select option 7) and one of our officers will provide useful guidance on how you can process your application
If you are in receipt of Housing Benefit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your benefit reference number inside brackets in the subject field, for example <1234567>, and send us proof of your (pre)settled status.
Enfield Brexit Panel documents
- Enfield Brexit Panel membership and terms of reference (PDF, 61.22 KB)
- Brexit Risk Register (PDF, 453.44 KB)
- Council reports on Brexit Panel related business:
- Enfield Brexit Panel meetings:
- 5 December 2018 (PDF, 361.58 KB)
- 18 December 2018 (PDF, 223.08 KB)
- 17 January 2019 (PDF, 55.98 KB)
- 31 January 2019 (PDF, 37.36 KB)
- 14 February 2019 (PDF, 326.75 KB)
- 28 February 2019 (PDF, 3415.61 KB)
- 14 March 2019 (PDF, 2059.65 KB)
- 26 March 2019 (PDF, 119.25 KB)
- 9 April 2019 (PDF, 1451.54 KB)
- 24 April 2019 (PDF, 226.89 KB)
- 8 August 2019 (PDF, 1523.58 KB)
- 3 September 2019 (PDF, 1341.64 KB)
- 17 September 2019 (PDF, 590.67 KB)
- 1 October 2019 (PDF, 609.02 KB)
- 17 December 2019 (PDF, 577.87 KB)
- 27 January 2020 (PDF, 566.61 KB)
- 17 February 2020 (PDF, 177.61 KB)
- 17 March 2020 (PDF, 159.21 KB)
- 23 June 2020 (PDF, 580.52 KB)
- 21 July 2020 (PDF, 585.68 KB)
- 24 August 2020 (PDF, 333.81 KB)
- 28 September 2020 (PDF, 213.67 KB)
- 26 October 2020 (PDF, 290.89 KB)
- 23 November 2020 (PDF, 341.29 KB)
- 21 December 2020 (PDF, 373.49 KB)
- 11 January 2021 (PDF, 368.15 KB)