- New Enfield Local Plan
- Local Plan issues and options consultation 2018
- Privacy notice for the Enfield Local Plan
New Enfield Local Plan
Most of Enfield's adopted local plans were prepared some time ago and the borough-wide Core Strategy only plans to 2025. We need to prepare a new Local Plan to sustainably address our housing, employment, infrastructure and other land use needs. We also need to create high quality places that tackle climate change, the nature emergency, inequalities, and promote health and well-being.
The Enfield Local Plan (ELP): 2019-2039 will provide a single planning policy document for the borough and a new vision for how Enfield will spatially develop to 2039 and beyond.
Preparation of the ELP began in 2015 and has been through the following stages:
- Preliminary consultation on the Local Plan - 2015 (PDF, 10406.11 KB)
- Regulation 18 Issues and Options consultation - 2018 (PDF, 16345.14 KB)
We recently consulted on the next stage, a Regulation 18 Draft Plan.
Draft Enfield Local Plan consultation
Consultation closed on 13 September 2021 at 11:59pm. We would like to thank everyone who responded to the recent consultation on the draft Regulation 18 ELP and associated documents.
The responses we received will be analysed and used to inform the next stages of plan preparation.
View the draft Local Plan (PDF, 15303.15 KB) and the draft Proposals Map (PDF, 14178.99 KB).
Consultation on the Integrated Impact Assessment (IIA) accompanying the Regulation 18: Enfield Local Plan Main Issues and Preferred Approaches also ran at the same time.
The IIA comprises Sustainability Appraisal (SA) incorporating Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA), Health Impact Assessment (HIA), Equalities Impact Assessment (EqIA), Community Safety Impact Assessment (CSIA) and Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA).
The Environmental Assessment of Plans and Programmes regulations (2004) the National Planning Policy Framework requires that all development plan documents are subject to a sustainability appraisal.
The sustainability appraisal is needed to consider and communicate the key sustainability issues and effects of emerging policies and any reasonable alternatives. It runs alongside the development of a plan and informs the ongoing decision-making process. The document consulted on is a record of the appraisal work carried out to date.
View the IIA documents:
- Integrated Impact Assessment (LUC) 2021 (PDF, 5961.73 KB)
- Integrated Impact Assessment - Appendices (LUC) 2021 (PDF, 6337.92 KB)
- Habitats Regulations Assessment (LUC) 2021 (PDF, 9855.33 KB)
The timetable for the preparation of the Local Plan is set out in the Local Development Scheme.
Consultation drop-in sessions
As part of draft Local Plan consultation, sessions were held at:
- Palmers Green Library on Tuesday 17 August, 10am to 12pm, and 5pm to 7pm
- Edmonton Green Centre (as part of the ‘Month of Sundays’ event) on Sunday 22 August, 1pm to 5pm
- Ordnance Unity Centre Library on Thursday 26 August, 10am to 12pm, and 5pm to 7pm
Draft Local Plan errata - August 2021
Following approval, a number of omissions and typographic errors have been discovered in the draft Local Plan. These have been corrected. View the errata note (PDF, 914.22 KB).
You can view supporting documents which form part of the evidence base used in the preparation of the ELP.
If you have any questions about the Local Plan, problems accessing the documents or would like updates, email email@example.com or call 020 8379 3866.
Local Plan issues and options consultation 2018
From 5 December 2018 to 28 February 2019 we consulted on the issues and options for the Local Plan. We also carried out a consultation to identify future development sites. This consultation was the first of two stages in the formal plan production process.
View the Local Plan issues and options (PDF, 14523.9 KB) and the Local Plan issues and options summary and questionnaire (PDF, 2567.84 KB).
View the Enfield Regulation 18 - 2018/19 consultation statement (PDF, 652.36 KB)
View the representations from the consultation:
- Individual responses index A-Z (PDF, 357.94 KB)
- Individual responses A-C (PDF, 7691.26 KB)
- Individual responses D-F (PDF, 3483.8 KB)
- Individual responses G-I (PDF, 3115.84 KB)
- Individual responses J-L (PDF, 3996.17 KB)
- Individual responses M-O (PDF, 3553.24 KB)
- Individual responses P-R (PDF, 2751.24 KB)
- Individual responses S-U (PDF, 5989.68 KB)
- Individual responses V-Z (PDF, 5989.68 KB)
- Statutory consultee responses (PDF, 3044.46 KB)
- Developer and agent responses (PDF, 12790.12 KB)
- Other responses (PDF, 3246.14 KB)
Privacy notice for Enfield Local Plan
When processing your personal data, we must tell you what we are doing with it. You have the right to know why we need it, what we’ll do with it and who we are going to share it with.
This privacy notice was updated July 2021.
Our contact details
Name: London Borough of Enfield
Address: Civic Centre, Silver Street, London EN1 3XA
Phone Number: 020 8379 3866
The information which you give to us will be used for the preparation of a Local Plan. The preparation of a Local Plan is a statutory function and because of this, under local government legislation, is a task in the public interest.
The categories of the information that we collect, process, hold and share include name and contact details.
Your name and response will be made publicly available.
The lawful basis on which we use this information
The plan making team will collect and use this information under the UK GDPR Article 6(1)(e), which permits processing where necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, your rights include:
- Your right of access - you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
- Your right to rectification - you have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances
- Your right to restriction of processing - you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Your right to object to processing - you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Your right to data portability - you have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances
You don’t need to pay any charge for using your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to make a request.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we ask that you first raise your concern with us. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at ICO.
Access and storage
Your information is securely stored on our IT systems at the London Borough of Enfield.
We keep consultation responses until the adoption of the local plan for four years. We will then dispose of your information by deleting your responses from our IT system.