Adult social care
We help adults with social care needs find support so they can live as independently as possible in their own homes. This includes older people, people with physical or learning disabilities, and mental health service users. Social workers have great opportunities to develop their practice in our diverse borough. We enable our staff to deliver outstanding services to our residents by committing to excellent supervision and promoting continuous professional development, through learning and development opportunities.
We offer a competitive salary and if you are newly qualified, you can expect to start on £32,430. Experienced social workers can expect a starting salary between £34,794 to £41,706.
In addition to many benefits, we can also offer you:
- stable and supportive leadership teams
- a commitment to manageable workloads
- strong and collaborative working with partner agencies
- friendly and welcoming teams
Thank you for your interest in the exciting new ICT opportunities we have here at Enfield Council.
As a successful, high performing council in one of London’s most vibrant and diverse boroughs, we want to deliver our core services with a high level of quality, while seeking new and innovative ways to do business using technology.
We are going through some unprecedented changes in the way we deliver our ICT service due to COVID-19. Reflecting this new way of working is a new ICT strategy and plan. Our new approach, aligned to our Corporate Plan, is under construction and is due to be launched in September 2020. The revised plan has already identified the need to do things differently and, as a result, we are now looking for new skills and approaches, including committed Digital ICT professionals to strengthen our existing team and to ensure that our objectives and priorities are delivered effectively.
I believe you’ll find working in Enfield and in ICT an immensely rewarding experience. Enfield provides a fantastic opportunity for talented and ambitious professionals to make a real contribution to the quality of life in the borough and, through our commitment to invest in our staff, to develop your own skills and experience whilst working in a dynamic, fair and flexible environment. The organisational culture is positive, open and supportive with a real focus on outcomes. We’ve built excellent momentum in recent years and have established a reputation for high quality services and innovation.
Having joined Enfield in March 2020 as the ICT Director, a new post created to reflect the need to develop our Digital and Data capability, I want to work at pace in making Enfield the flag ship example of an innovative technology service to residents and staff.
Enfield Council wants to provide pioneering digital solutions, advanced analytics and data capability, and optimum ways of working that will extend beyond the council to make Enfield a great place to live and work.
We currently have a number of opportunities available. We look forward to hearing from you.
Kieran Murphy - FIOD
Director - Digital, Data and Technology Director
Thank you for visiting this website to find out more about the exciting opportunities we have here at Enfield Council. We are a large, diverse outer London borough with inner London challenges, and big ambitions.
There's a lot happening at Enfield in the Place Department, including:
- 10,000 homes we have planned for one of London's largest regeneration projects in Meridian Water
- building 5,000 homes on our estate renewal and regeneration projects
- delivering 40km of segregated cycle lanes
- refurbishing 1970's tower blocks to meet modern safety standards
- writing a new Local Plan with residents
- planting forests
- undertaking a wholesale review of the council's £1.5b property estate
We are committed to working in collaboration with residents and businesses - both existing and new to the borough.
We are looking for dynamic and ambitious colleagues to strengthen our existing team to deliver the sustainable neighbourhoods, economic growth and infrastructure our residents need.
I believe you'll find working in Enfield an immensely rewarding experience. As a successful, high performing council, we provide a fantastic opportunity for built environment professionals to make a real contribution to quality of life in the borough. Our organisational culture is positive, open and collaborative - with a real focus on outcomes.
Executive Director - Place
Children and family services
If you're a motivated and passionate person, committed to working with and supporting children, this is your chance to join us at Enfield Council. We encourage a culture that puts children and families and our workforce at the heart of everything we do. If you share the same values, then this is the place for you!
We recognise that the people who work for us are our greatest asset, and we are committed to supporting staff in their work to fulfil their potential. We provide comprehensive training opportunities and encourage personal and professional development, and career progression within.
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Up to 32 days annual leave, depending on grade and length of service
- A friendly, supportive place to work where managers are accessible
- Reflective practice from a clinical psychologist
- Additional annual leave can be bought
- A sabbatical scheme - allowing social workers to claim 1 month off after completing 3 years of service
- Relocation package - Up to £8,000
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over 3 or 10 months
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods
- Hybrid working
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work
- Clear holistic practice framework, trauma informed practice and training. Motivational Interviewing and Signs of Safety.
- Employee Assisted Programme
You will also get 8 public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
We offer a competitive salary and if you're newly qualified, you can expect to start on £38,364. Experienced social workers can expect a starting salary between £40,833 and £48,060.