You can report a vehicle if it is violating any parking restrictions. A vehicle is parked illegally if it is:
- double parked (more than 50cm from the kerb)
- in a bus stop or bus lane
- in a disabled parking space without a Blue Badge
- in a pay and display parking space without displaying a valid parking ticket (except bank holidays)
- in a residents or business parking space without a valid permit
- on school entrance markings
- on the pavement or verge (except in a legal pavement parking space)
- on waiting restriction lines (yellow lines)
- parked on or next to a dropped kerb
- parked overnight (heavy goods vehicles over 5 tonnes)
If you do not follow parking restrictions, you may receive a Penalty Charge Notice and your vehicle may be removed.
Report parking violations by calling:
- Parking Services on 020 8379 6406, Monday to Friday from 9am to 12 noon
- The Parking Shop on 020 3856 0036, Monday to Sunday, from 7am to 7pm
Bank holiday restrictions
Our Traffic Management Orders do not give any concessions for bank holidays. Normal restrictions apply unless signs state that parking is allowed on bank holidays.
Disabled parking restrictions
You can report a vehicle that is parked illegally in a disabled parking space with white markings. A Blue Badge must always be displayed in the vehicle.
A Blue Badge holder can also park in any residential disabled parking space.
Anyone can park in a yellow disabled parking space.
Enforcement of cycle lanes and cycle tracks
Mandatory cycle lanes are marked with a continuous white line. Motorists must not drive, wait or park in the cycle lanes and cycle tracks.
The cycle lanes and cycle tracks are in operation 24 hours per day, vehicles are not permitted to park, load and unload at any time. Vehicles seen to be parked can be issued with a Penalty Charge Notice and possibly removed.
Motorcycle parking restrictions
You can park your motorcycle for free for an unlimited time in:
- Enfield Town motorcycle bay (outside The George restaurant)
- Genotin Road motorcycle bay
- Little Park Gardens motorcycle bay
- Lodge Drive motorcycle bay
- hatched areas in any car park as long as the area is kept clear
- next to the kerb or at the end of pay and display parking spaces as long as the area is kept clear for paying residents
You will need to have a valid parking permit to park your motorcycle in a resident or business only parking space.
Goods vehicles loading bay restrictions
Goods vehicles can load and unload in loading bays. They can also park temporarily on yellow lines to collect and deliver goods.
You can receive a Penalty Charge Notice if you:
- load or unload in any space not marked for loading
- park for more than 20 minutes or up to 40 minutes in special circumstances
- are not at your vehicle for more than five minutes in a loading bay
- are not at your vehicle for more than two minutes while parked on a yellow line
You can load and unload in permitted areas for an unlimited amount of time after hours.
School keep clear markings
School keep clear markings help prevent vehicles from parking in front of school entrances. It is an offence to park or wait on these markings during the times shown on the sign.
You can help improve safety around schools by:
- leaving early from home if you need to park at school
- making sure that children only get in or out of the vehicle on the pavement side
- not parking close to the road markings
- not double parking outside of the school
- parking further away and walking if there is congestion near the school
- walking to school
Parking restrictions in the borough
To find detailed information about parking restrictions in the borough, visit TraffWeb.