Support from the council
If you're struggling to pay your Council Tax debt, please contact us straight away. Don’t let the problem get worse.
Please call 020 8379 1000, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your situation as we may be able to come to an arrangement with you to help you pay your Council Tax debt. Make sure the subject of your email includes your Council Tax number inside angled brackets, for example <12345678>.
Please also review the below as they may be applicable to you:
- Council Tax Discounts - you may be entitled to a discount, disregard or exemption on your Council Tax.
- Council Tax Support - if you are on low income, you may be entitled to Council Tax Support.
- Council Tax Hardship Scheme - if you already receive Council Tax Support but are having severe difficulty paying your Council Tax, you can apply for a Council Tax Hardship payment.
If rising living costs mean you are struggling to afford the essentials or need support of any kind you can find help and advice by visiting our Cost of Living pages.
Enfield Council’s Welfare Advice and Debt Support team provide support to customers who are vulnerable and are affected by debts to the council. You can complete a referral form and they will contact you to see what advice or help they can give you.
External organisations that offer help
There are other organisations outside of the council that offer free, confidential and expert debt and budgeting advice.
- Step Change - free and expert advice that helps you deal with your debts and get the support you need.
Call 0800 138 11114, Monday to Friday - 8am to 8pm and Saturday - 8am to 4pm
- National Debtline - free independent debt advice service that can help and support you to deal with debts yourself.
Call 0808 808 4000, Monday to Friday - 9am to 8pm, Saturday - 9:30am to 1pm
- Money Helper - free and independent advice on all financial matters including benefits and debt advice.
Call 0800 138 7777, Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm
- Citizens Advice - individual advice on a range of issues including financial and debt advice.
Call 0800 144 8848, Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm