Council Tax Hardship Scheme

You can apply for a Council Tax Support Hardship payment if you get Council Tax Support and you're facing exceptional financial hardship.

To apply you must:

Your Council Tax Support Hardship application will be refused if you do not meet all the above criteria.

Please be aware that any award will not cover all the amount of Council Tax that you have to pay. You will have to make payments towards your Council Tax.

We will use the information given in your Council Tax Support claim to decide your award.

Apply for a Council Tax hardship payment

To check what other benefits you may be entitled to, visit GOV.UK - Benefits calculators.

View the Council Tax Support Hardship Policy 2024 to 2025 (PDF, 220.55 KB).

Council news directly to you

The latest news in your inbox every week. Council news, community updates, local events and more.

Sign up Sign up