If you have SEND, you may be able to get financial help with housing.

Disabled Facilities Grant

The Disabled Facilities Grant can help you pay for work to make changes in your home, to make living at home safer and easier.

To find out more, see our disabled facilities grant page.

Help with your housing situation

If you have a social worker, they will be able to help advise you on your housing options. You can also apply using our get help with your housing situation page. If you need help to fill this in you can ask at any of the council's contact centres or libraries. Your social worker may also be able to help.

If you are applying for housing with a child with medical needs, you may receive a higher points allocation for bidding for a council or housing association property if your case is accepted.

For more information, visit our Housing section.

Benefits information

You may also be entitled to further benefits. Information is available through the links below.

Tell us what you think about our Local Offer

Council news directly to you

The latest news in your inbox every week. Council news, community updates, local events and more.

Sign up Sign up