I Volunteer encourages people who live, work and study in Enfield to get involved in the local community. Whatever you want to get out of volunteering, Enfield has the opportunity for you.
It is estimated that 40% of the population volunteers. This means that over 100,000 Enfield residents are out there helping others on a regular basis. By joining this ever-growing band of volunteers, you too can really make a difference to individuals and the community. Check out 10 great reasons to get involved in volunteering.
Enfield volunteers are already making a difference in a variety of ways.
10 reasons why you should volunteer
- It gives you a sense of achievement and reduces stress
- It helps you learn new skills and improves your job prospects
- It's a great way to meet people and make new friends
- It helps you grow and develop as a person
- It makes the local neighbourhood stronger
- It teaches you how charities work and about their areas of expertise
- It's an opportunity to give something valuable to people in need
- It increases your sense of civic pride and social responsibility
- It can provide an opportunity to travel abroad with international programmes
- It's really good fun
Volunteer for Enfield Council
We are particularly looking for you to:
- volunteer in parks and open spaces
- support young people
- volunteer in libraries
- volunteer as a school governor
Other volunteering opportunities
You could also volunteer for:
For more information about local volunteering, visit Do IT.
People from a range of backgrounds volunteer in Enfield. We spoke to a few of them, to find out why they began volunteering and what they enjoy about it. Get to know our Enfield volunteers.