We work with the City of London to provide a hazardous waste collection and disposal service. They collect wrapped asbestos, boxed chemicals and paint on our behalf.

You can request a hazardous waste collection from the City of London. This service is only available for households.

Handling asbestos

If you have wrapped asbestos cement, you can dispose of it at Hornsey Street reuse and recycling centre.

We recommend that you consult a licensed contractor to help you remove and dispose of sprayed asbestos coatings, asbestos laggings/insulation or asbestos insulating boards. If you rent your home from the council, please contact your housing office.