- Appointments and opening times
- What can I take to Barrowell Green
- Commercial vehicle permits
- Revive shop
Appointments and opening times
Barrowell Green Recycling Centre is the main centre for disposing of rubbish and recycling in Enfield.
Book an appointment
You will need an appointment to visit Barrowell Green Recycling Centre.
You can book an appointment between:
- Tuesday to Sunday, 8am to 6pm (April to September)
- Tuesday to Sunday, 8am to 4pm (October to March)
The centre is closed on Mondays.
Apply for a Barrowell Green Recycling Centre appointment
Find Barrowell Green Recycling Centre
You can find the centre at the following address:
Barrowell Recycling Centre
Barrowell Green Recycling Centre opening hours
You can book an appointment 6 days a week, but our opening hours change depending on the time of year.
|Day||Open (April to September)||Open (October to March)|
|Tuesday||8am to 6pm||8am to 4pm|
|Wednesday||8am to 6pm||8am to 4pm|
|Thursday||8am to 6pm||8am to 4pm|
|Friday||8am to 6pm||8am to 4pm|
|Saturday||8am to 6pm||8am to 4pm|
|Sunday||8am to 6pm||8am to 4pm|
To visit, you must agree to:
- have a valid appointment
- show a valid permit on entry for a van, trailer or pick-up truck, as well as your appointment
- bring only materials listed as accepted, outlined in What can I take to Barrowell Green Recycling Centre (this is subject to change)
The centre is monitored by Automatic Number Plate Recognition, and CCTV cameras are in operation 24 hours a day.
What can I take to Barrowell Green
We accept most types of rubbish and recycling at Barrowell Green Recycling Centre, but there are some items we don’t accept.
We accept the following rubbish and recycling:
- Cardboard and paper
- Cooking and engine oil (up to 10 litres per month)
- Electrical goods
- Food and drinks cartons (must be clean)
- Fridges and freezers (we don’t accept larger American style)
- Household and car batteries
- Household DIY rubbish (up to 6 builder's-type sacks per household per month)
- Garden waste
- Gas cookers
- Glass bottles only
- Gypsum (place in plasterboard container)
- Lighting tubes and energy saving light bulbs
- Rubble and hardcore (up to 6 builder's-type sacks per household per month)
- Scrap metal
- Wood (if DIY rubbish, up to 6 builder's-type sacks per household per month)
We’re sorry but we don’t accept:
- Corrosive products
- Gas bottles
- Hazardous waste
- Plasterboard with attached materials
- Wet plasterboard
Just to note - sometimes we might be temporarily unable to accept some items for recycling. You will still be able to dispose of them at our site, or you can choose to arrange another way of recycling them.
Commercial vehicle permits
Commercial waste is not accepted at Barrowell Green Recycling Centre. However, you can bring household waste in a commercial vehicle if you have a vehicle permit.
Permits are free of charge, but you will need to apply for one before you visit as they can’t be applied for at the centre.
You will still need to book an appointment to visit the centre, even with your vehicle permit.
Vehicles that need a permit include:
- pick-up trucks
- taxis and minibuses (unlicensed) with more than
- seven seats
- ambulances (unless in an emergency)
You will need to include the vehicle registration number, and the vehicle make, model and colour in your application.
If you are towing a trailer, you will also need to include:
- length of the trailer (in metres)
- make, model and colour of the vehicle the trailer is attached to
- make, model and colour of the trailer
- number of axles of the trailer
- vehicle registration of the trailer
If you will be hiring a vehicle, you will need to say this when applying.
Useful information about using your vehicle permit
Please read these few important details before applying for your permit:
- You will still need to book an appointment slot to visit the centre
- When arriving, you will need to show your permit and may be asked for photographic proof of identity
- Vehicle permits don't guarantee access to dispose of your rubbish and recycling - normal site controls still apply
- If your application is successful, you will get 6 permits per year for either the specified vehicle or for any hired vehicle
- If you are using a hired vehicle, you will need to bring the hire documents as well as your permit to the centre
- Permits are sent by post and should arrive within 10 working days
- If you have been unable to visit the centre and have any outstanding permits, these will be accepted
Apply for a free Barrowell Green vehicle permit
Important note - you must tell us if you change address or vehicle, otherwise your permits will be revoked. If you have lost or damaged your permit, we will replace it at our discretion. For more information, see our terms and conditions (PDF, 305.56 KB).
Enfield’s Revive shop encourages reuse and recycling by selling items donated by residents.
Reuse and recycling helps protect the environment by reducing the need to extract, refine and process raw materials, which creates a lot of air and water pollution. It also saves energy and reduces greenhouse gas emissions, to help tackle climate change.
Items for sale often include:
- bikes and bike parts
- books, CDs and DVDs
- garden items
- ornaments, trinkets and glassware
- toys and games
Note about electrical items - Revive shop doesn't accept or sell electrical items as we are currently unable to do PAT testing.
Revive shop address and opening hours
Revive reuse shop is open Tuesday to Saturday, 8am to 4pm.
The shop is located at Barrowell Green Recycling Centre:
Barrowell Recycling Centre