We are seeking to appoint a consultant with expertise in culture and education to deliver an Arts Council funded project. The purpose of the project is to gather data, and support stakeholders towards creating a Cultural Education Action Plan for Enfield and an outline structure for a Cultural Education Partnership (CEP).
The project should be delivered by the end of the 2023 to 2024 educational year and must deliver the following as a minimum:
- Engagement with Enfield schools (primary and secondary) and council services to understand:
- what is and is not working in the way of supplementary cultural education for both primary and secondary schools
- the demand areas of cultural interest for young people, which would support development of creative skills and interests
- the specific pressures which prevent the volume of in-borough supplementary cultural offers
- To build relationships between schools, the council (importantly Culture Services) and the cultural sector within the borough and the surrounding area
- Engagement with the creative sector (including the Create Enfield network and LBE-run venues and programmes) to identify opportunities for young people to:
- deliver more school-based cultural activities
- outline cultural in-borough skills gaps that could be filled by the development of young people
- establish areas of the borough and communities with the greatest needs for further cultural educational engagement
- Engage throughout in the Culture Services 2024 to 2025 Young Producers programme and Business of Music programme, including feeding evaluation findings from both programmes into a draft plan
- Networking and consultation events to bring together supplementary cultural education offers with key stakeholders (including pupils, headteachers, subject teachers, non-creative sector teachers and councillors) to ensure breadth and potential of creative offer is understood, and identify key strengths and gaps for Enfield’s schools
- Establish a working group to develop a sustainable vision for Enfield’s schools, with a series of concrete actions that can be taken to achieve this
- Create a draft vision, objectives and resourcing plan for cultural and creative education in Enfield. Outline CEP structure, working closely with the Head of Cultural Development, inspired by similar work such as Islington’s '11 by 11’ pledge but appropriate to Enfield’s needs, strengths and communities. It is key that the above referenced Culture Strategy and Priority Place policies feed into these pieces of work.
- Support engagement with a draft plan across stakeholder groups (including councillors, education sector, voluntary sector, artists and creative businesses) to enable formal adoption by Enfield Council to provide a foundation on which to develop future resourcing.
For more information and how to apply, view the consultancy brief (PDF, 205.34 KB).
Please provide the required information on no more than 6 pages of A4, and email to the Head of Culture, Wesley Pemberton (email@example.com) by 16 February 2024.