Adult skills and employment support

Support with interview clothing

If you need suitable clothing to go to an interview, you may be eligible for support and advice from one of the organisations below:

A referral is normally made by telephone when a claimant has an interview or a job offer. Please contact your work coach for more information.

Jobcentre Plus

Your local Jobcentre Plus (JCP) can provide free help and advice from an adviser if you are unemployed and looking for work. Your adviser can help you access vacancies. Enter your postcode to search for your local JCP office.

Flexible Support Fund

The Flexible Support Fund is a fund offered by Job Centres across the UK at the discretion of Job Centre Advisers. The aim of the fund is to help people claiming unemployment benefits to find a job. Visit Turn2us for information on eligibility, criteria and how to apply.


Maximus work with JCP to provide support for unemployed residents that are in receipt of Universal Credit. Maximus can offer information, guidance and advice and link residents with opportunities for developing skills and paid work.

National Careers Service

The National Careers Service providers careers information, advice and guidance. They are a service for all residents in England and can provide advice regardless of your situation and the stage of your career.

Thrive into Work

Thrive into Work offers free, tailored support in Enfield for meaningful employment, including one-to-one assistance, collaboration with healthcare teams, employer communication guidance, and up to 4 months of in-work support.

Council news directly to you

The latest news in your inbox every week. Council news, community updates, local events and more.

Sign up Sign up