Under occupation

There are many benefits to downsizing to a smaller property, such as moving to a more manageable home or spending less money on heating and bills. You might want to downsize because of an under-occupancy charge.

If you want to make a new housing application or discuss any of the options below, please contact the mutual exchange and under occupation officer on 020 8375 8311 or email downsizingscheme@enfield.gov.uk.

Seaside and country homes

If you are over 55 and considering living by the sea or in the country, flats and bungalows are available through the Seaside and Country Homes scheme.

Housing moves and Homeswapper

If you are thinking about moving within Enfield, visit Housing Moves or to find out how you can swap your home with another Enfield council tenant see swapping your home.

Sheltered housing

We offer sheltered housing for people over 55 or with disabilities, to help them live independently. If you are interested, you will be asked about your support needs. For more information, contact your sheltered housing manager.

Council news directly to you

The latest news in your inbox every week. Council news, community updates, local events and more.

Sign up Sign up