Enfield residents are being urged to use the borough's free check and go service for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) to keep themselves safe.
The Silverpoint Medical Centre in Fore Street, Edmonton, offers free and confidential sexual health screening, treatment and advice as well as family planning services. Anyone can pop in and the facility also offers a young person's clinic for those aged 18 and under.
Enfield Council's Cabinet Member for Public Health, Cllr Mahtab Uddin, is urging residents to take advantage of the service as the number of new cases of STIs has increased in England recently.
He said: “There has been a significant increase nationally in the number of people contracting STI's and we are keen that we do everything we can in Enfield to ensure people get the right advice and treatment
“Our clinic provides a huge range of services and support for residents to enable them to access the services they need in a confidential and discrete setting.“
The service is provided by North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust and is commissioned by Enfield Council, similar services are also offered at the Town Clinic in Burleigh Way, at Enfield Town.
Services available include:
- Walk-in clinics and pre-booked appointments for sexual health problems, symptoms and concerns
- Close contact with local GPs and pharmacies to provide more family planning and contraception
- A ‘check & go' service for sexually transmitted infections
- Tests and treatments for sexually transmitted infections
- Access to Family Planning and contraception, including pills, injections, implants, coils, and condoms
- 4YP clinics for young people 18 and under on Wednesdays
- Recurrent infections and complex contraception clinics
- Information on where to get help if you have been sexually assaulted
- Advice if you are pregnant and don't know what to do
- Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) to prevent HIV infection after a recent exposure
For more information please visit the Echo Clinics webpage.