Christmas and New Year Housing Arrangements

Here are the Christmas and New Year Housing arrangments for tenants and leaseholder

You can pay your rent by:

  • going to online payment here and using your Enfield Connected account
  • Direct Debit
  • using your rent payment card at:
  • PayZone outlets who use a ‘barcode’ reader
  • any Post Office
  • Enfield Council Civic Centre (auto kiosk)
  • Edmonton Centre (auto kiosk)
  • using the Housing Office, Edmonton Centre
  • Standing Order
  • debit card.

If you are having difficulty paying your rent, it is essential that you contact us as soon as possible, so that we can help.

Please do not ignore our letters or the problem, as this will only make things worse.

We are here to help and will be able to:

  • make flexible repayment arrangements with you if you are in arrears
  • arrange for a Welfare Benefits Advisor to advise and help you if you have difficulty claiming benefits

It is important that you continue to pay your rent over the festive season.

  • fully explain each stage of action being taken when recovering arrears
  • refer you for specialist debt advice if appropriate.

Ways that you can help:

  • by speeding up your benefit claim – supply all the information and supporting evidence needed to process your claim as quickly as possible
  • by knowing how much rent and service charge you have to pay to us, so you can tell the DWP (Department for Work and Pensions) if you need to make a Universal Credit claim
  • by building as much credit as you can on your rent account so you can cover your rent when you are waiting for your first Universal Credit payment
  • by being aware that if you are a joint tenant, you are jointly responsible for the rent.

You are also jointly responsible for checking your rent account to ensure it is not in arrears.

Office opening hours

Your housing office, for prearranged appointments only, at the

Edmonton Centre, 36-44 South Mall, Edmonton will be CLOSED from 5pm Friday 21 December until 9am Thursday 27 December.

It will also be CLOSED on Tuesday 1 January 2018.

Please phone Enfield Out of Hours on 020 8379 1000 for all housing emergencies during these closed periods.

For details of Enfield Council Christmas and New Year opening hours and changes to recycling and refuse collections during this time, please visit

Council news directly to you

The latest news in your inbox every week. Council news, community updates, local events and more.

Sign up Sign up