The award-winning Career Returners @ Enfield programme is back for a third year, with the aim of attracting professional workers back into the workforce after a prolonged career break.
Enfield Council is partnering again with Women Returners to recruit the next cohort for a paid, six-month work programme starting in September 2019.
Launched in February 2017, Enfield Council has had 21 returners over two cohorts. All secured on-going offers of employment with the Council.
The programme is open to talented professionals, male and female, who have taken a voluntary career break of two years or more. Enfield Council is looking for individuals with a successful track record and relevant qualifications in:
- ICT – programme and project management, IT security
- Qualified Lawyers
- CCAB qualified financial/management accountants
- Strategy & social policy development
- Strategic housing management
- Qualified planners and surveyors
- Project/programme management
- Regeneration programme delivery
- Qualified social workers (Adults & Children's)
- Qualified occupational therapists
- Procurement specialists
- Highways services - senior engineer / client officer
- Trading standards officers
Enfield Council's Cabinet Member for Finance & Procurement, Cllr Mary Maguire, said:
"It is a sad fact that highly experienced, well qualified professionals have struggled to get their foot in the door after a career break. It is with great pride that Enfield Council can say it has been at the forefront of breaking down the barriers to entry.
"If you have the skills and the drive, we can offer support, coaching, flexible working and mentoring to help equip you with the relevant knowledge and confidence to move forward."
The ground-breaking programme was recognised in the Personnel Today Awards 2017, winning the Innovation in Recruitment category, and beating high-profile organisations including Atom Bank, DHL Supply Chain, SAP UK, The AA, Barclays PLC and Lloyds Banking Group.
Those interested in applying should go to the newly updated Jobs & Careers section on Enfield Council's website. The closing date for applications is 10 May 2019.