- Enfield Council's programme for returning professional workers is back for a second-year
- The award-winning Career Returners @ Enfield aims to attract another cohort to start in May 2018
- Individuals are sought for a range of roles, from planning to legal; energy management to ICT
The award-winning Career Returners @ Enfield programme is back, with the aim of attracting another batch of professional workers looking to get into the workforce after a prolonged career break.
Following the success of the first programme, launched in February last year, Enfield Council is partnering again with Women Returners to recruit the next cohort for a paid, six-month work programme starting in May 2018.
The programme is open to talented professionals, male and female, who have taken a voluntary career break of two years or more. Enfield Council is looking for individuals with a successful track record and relevant qualifications in:
- Commercial -- experience of developing and running products/services to deliver growth and increase income
- Energy Management
- ICT -- programme and project management, IT security
- CCAB qualified Financial / Management Accountants
- Strategy & Social Policy Development
- Strategic Housing Management
- Project / Programme Management
- Regeneration Programmed Delivery
- And qualified:
- Social Workers (adults & children)
- Occupational therapists
Enfield Council's Cabinet Member for Finance & Efficiency, Cllr Dino Lemonides, said: "Enfield Council is extremely proud of its Career Returners scheme. Last year, we received nearly 100 applications for the six, higher-level internships and all six successfully secured on-going employment with the Council. We fully expect a great deal of interest this year for our award-winning programme.
"There is a massive pool of talent in Enfield and beyond, with many people perhaps not feeling able to get back into work after a lengthy career break. Our message is clear -- if you have the skills and the drive, we can offer support, coaching, fairness for all and mentoring to help equip you with the relevant knowledge and confidence to move forward.""
The ground-breaking programme was recognised last year in the Personnel Today Awards 2017, winning the Innovation in Recruitment category, and beating high-profile organisations including Atom Bank, DHL Supply Chain, SAP UK, The AA, Barclays PLC and Lloyds Banking Group.
Those interested in applying should go to the Jobs and Careers section on Enfield Council's website. The closing date for applications is 6 March 2018.
Oluyemisi Morgan-Raiwe, a graduate of the programme and now a Strategic Programme Manager at Enfield Council, said: "I came across the Career Returners @ Enfield Council programme in my local paper. Along with the help provided by Women Returners, I received all the necessary coaching and support I needed to successfully build up my confidence and to adjust my skills to place me in a strong position to apply for jobs in my chosen career. I am happy to say that four months into the internship, I was appointed as a Strategic Programme Manager at Enfield Council, and I haven't looked back.
"For anyone contemplating returning to work after an extended break, I would say find yourself a Returners Programme.""