The Government has announced that there will be a bank holiday on Monday 19 September to coincide with Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II’s State Funeral.
As a result, some services will not be operating on the bank holiday Monday, including the week's bin collection service. The changes are as follows:
- There will be no bin collections on Monday 19 September. As a result, all the week's collection schedule will be pushed back by one day:
If your bin collection is normally on Monday 19 September it will change to Tuesday 20 September
If your bin collection is normally on Tuesday 20 September it will change to Wednesday 21 September
If your bin collection is normally on Wednesday 21 September it will change to Thursday 22 September
If your bin collection is normally on Thursday 22 September it will change to Friday 23 September
If your bin collection is normally on Friday 23 September it will change to Saturday 24 September
Normal services will resume from Monday 26 September.
- Barrowell Green Reuse and Recycle Centre will be closed on Monday. Anyone with an appointment that day will be contacted
- Leisure centres are closed
- Libraries and community hubs will shut
- Schools and colleges will be closed
- All bereavement services will be closed
- Pest control services will be closed
For more information on how we are honouring the memory of Her Majesty the Queen, please visit the Arrangements and Tributes page.