Local support - Enfield stands together

Local community support is available to help people get necessary items such as food, medication, and advice on financial hardship, particularly during times when restrictions are increased to slow the spread of COVID-19.

Food support and deliveries

If you need food support, visit our help with food page.

This includes information about how to access food if you cannot afford it, and how to arrange food deliveries with supermarkets.

Getting your medication

If you need to self-isolate, you may not be able to get to a chemist. If you have prescription medication, check if your chemist will deliver to you. Some pharmacies offer home deliveries and a repeat prescription service.

Contact your local pharmacy or GP surgery to find out more. You may also find these links useful:

If you are struggling financially

COVID-19 has caused many residents immediate financial hardship, because you have lost your job or your income has dropped.

This might affect your ability to pay for essentials, such as food, utility bills, Council Tax, rent, mortgage and other household bills.

If you are worried about the rising cost of living, you can check whether you can find support on our welfare advice and support page. You can complete our financial support referral form.

If you're in crisis now and cannot afford food or essential items, need help completing the financial support referral form or need information about COVID-19, ring 020 8379 1000 (select option 7), Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.

Self-isolation payments

The Test and Trace Support Payment scheme ended on 24 February 2022.

If you were required to self-isolate before 24 February 2022, you had until 6 April 2022 to submit an application. Our application process has now closed and we are unable to consider any further applications.

From 24 February 2022, individuals who stay at home if they test positive for COVID-19 or are displaying COVID-19 symptoms, may be eligible for other government support such as Universal Credit, and Employment and Support Allowance.

For more information, visit GOV.UK - Benefits.

If you still need support

If you're vulnerable, struggling to cope, and have not received a letter offering additional support, NHS Volunteer Responders can help you by:

To arrange support call 0808 196 3646 between 8am and 8pm, or if you need transport support speak to your health care professional. For more information visit NHS Volunteer Responders.

Other useful contacts:

If you need more practical support, we can help you if:

Speak to one of our officers by calling 020 8379 1000 and choosing option 7. Someone will advise you on how the council can help you.

Always dial 999 if an ambulance or the police are required.

Enfield Voluntary Action logoNHS logoEnfield Age UK logoEnfield Carers Centre logo
Citizens Advice Enfield logoNorth Enfield Food Bank logoFelix project logoEnfield Council logo

Council news directly to you

The latest news in your inbox every week. Council news, community updates, local events and more.

Sign up Sign up