Fly-tipping is the illegal dumping of rubbish.
If you see rubbish that has been dumped you should tell us, so that we can clear the site and investigate.
When you report fly-tipping using the button below, you can either provide us with basic details about the location and type of rubbish. Or, if you saw the offence and would like to make a formal statement, you can give us your name and contact details so we can get in touch with you for more information.
Important information about reporting fly-tipping
- We can only remove rubbish dumped on roads and council-owned land
- If you find dumped rubbish on private land you should contact the landowner - we will only remove it if it becomes a health and safety hazard
- If dumped rubbish is a street obstruction, we will try to remove it within four hours (during working hours)
- We aim to clean up rubbish on council-owned land within five days of receiving your report. We will give you an update of our investigation within ten days
Fly tipping in or near waterways
- If the rubbish is in or by rivers, streams, or canals, or on their paths or banks, contact the Environment Agency on 0800 807 060.