Road drainage

Reports via our website are processed during office hours only, and in the order they are received. If you think the problem is urgent, call us on 020 8379 1000 to report this instead.

We maintain road drainage such as:

Road gullies flow into our rivers, so polluting these highway assets will ultimately contaminate our watercourses and effect wildlife and natural resources.

We will investigate problems with a road gully. However, following heavy rainfall, wait to see if the water clears before making a report, as the main sewers may have been overloaded by the intense rainfall.

If you notice a problem with a road drain in a council owned or ex-council owned property, contact the estate officer. You should report issues with drains on private roads or forecourts to the land owner.

Contact Thames Water if you see a sewer problem or a water leak causing standing water on the road.

Make sure that your plumbing and sewers are connected correctly to prevent pollution of our rivers.

To report a missing cover for a public highway gully/drain, please call us on 020 8379 1000.

Report a blocked public highway gully/drain

Report a damaged public highway gully/drain

Report a flooding public highway gully/drain

Report any other public highway gully/drain problem

Report a ditch problem

Report standing water on the street

Council news directly to you

The latest news in your inbox every week. Council news, community updates, local events and more.

Sign up Sign up