The London Taxicard Scheme gives subsidised rides to Enfield residents of all ages who have serious mobility problems or sight impairments. This allows people who have difficulty using public transport to get out in licensed taxis and private hire vehicles.
The Taxicard service can be used to collect groceries and medicines by a driver, or a person nominated by the Taxicard member, without travelling themselves.
To apply, you need to provide:
- proof of identity
- proof of address
- National Insurance Number
- a passport-sized photo
- proof of any benefits you receive
All evidence can be emailed to email@example.com.
Taxicard holders in Enfield can receive up to eight subsidised trips per month.
Help to complete the application
If you are unable to complete the online application form, you can get help by visiting any of the Enfield libraries. You can also contact Customer Services on 020 8379 1000 to arrange for Concessionary Travel to call you and help to complete the form.
You can view more information if you are in financial hardship.
Reporting a problem with your pass
You must inform London Councils if your Taxicard:
- has been lost or stolen - this must be reported to the Police to get a crime reference number
- is faulty or has stopped working - you will be charged £10 to replace a faulty, lost or damaged pass
- if you change your name or address - this service is free
For more information and conditions of the scheme, visit London Councils - Taxicard.