Over the next 20 years, regeneration plans will transform some of the most deprived areas of London. This will include projects such as Meridian Water, a multibillion development delivering thousands of homes and jobs.
The Design Review Panel has been set up to support our vision to:
- make Enfield a better place to live and work
- promote high quality design and sustainable development
- protect Enfield's unique character
The panel will be made up of industry experts who will offer advice and provide clarity on decision making. They will give advice on placemaking, urban design quality and the sustainability of developments.
Though the panel have no legal function, their advice will be considered in our planning decision making process as a material consideration.
The panel's objectives will be to:
- support well designed, sustainable buildings and public spaces
- review pre-application schemes and encourage applicants to bring schemes early
- consider and comment on major planning applications
- encourage the development of sustainable small urban sites
- encourage best practice policy making in the new local plan
View the terms of reference (PDF, 3206.47 KB) for the panel.
The Enfield Design Panel is made up of 2 panel chairs and 37 panel members. These are professionals drawn from the public and private sectors, who provide expertise in:
- urban design and placemaking
- landscape architecture
- town planning
- inclusive access
- environmental sustainability
- infrastructure design and delivery
- development delivery
To avoid any conflicts of interest, panel members have signed a confidentiality agreement and conflict of interest declaration as part of the appointment process. Panel members, applicants and the panel manager assess the potential for conflicts of interest on each review.
A range of products and formats are offered to suit every size of project:
- Design workshop
- Design review
- Focus review
- Desktop review
- Small major review
We encourage smaller projects to utilise the small major service.
View the panel product guide (PDF, 858.83 KB) for full details.
Panel meeting dates
Panel reviews are held on the following dates:
- 26 January
- 23 February
- 23 March
- 20 April
- 25 May
- 22 June
- 20 July
- 24 August
- 21 September
- 19 October
- 23 November
- 14 December
To enquire about availability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will be happy to accommodate.