Reserving and requesting items

You can use the online catalogue to look for items.

If an item is on loan you can reserve it online or at any library. If the item is not in stock you can request that our libraries purchase it. There may be a non-refundable administration charge of 80 pence per item which is payable at the time of the reservation or request.

We carefully consider all requests but cannot guarantee an item will be purchased or supplied.

Reduced charges are available for those with a concessionary card, children or those who reserve items online. Children can also reserve a limited number of children’s items for free.

You can select which library you want to collect your items from and we will tell you when they are available via your preferred method of communication. We’ll also aim to inform you if we are unable to satisfy your reservation or request.

Reserved items may be borrowed from the Libraries Consortium, however availability is subject to demand. We can’t specify the exact date your reservation will arrive at your requested branch but aim to supply items as soon as possible.

We only buy or borrow items from libraries in the Libraries Consortium.

Changes to CD and DVD provision

As part of the Library Development Strategy, core collections of CDs and DVDs are now available at our 4 hub libraries:

The hub library collections include single or double disc editions of popular new chart releases. We no longer buy back catalogue and limited interest titles because of their widespread availability via online streaming services.

We will attempt to satisfy reservations for titles that are not in stock in Enfield from the Libraries Consortium, but will no longer buy additional CDs or DVDs to satisfy reservations.

Changes to provision of music score sets

The Enfield Libraries music score sets collection has been transferred to the Enfield Music Service in Edmonton. All requests for music score sets should now be directed to the Enfield Music Service.

If you require sets not held in the Enfield Libraries or Enfield Music Service collections, you can contact the Community and Youth Music Library, based at Hornsey Library. They have a large collection of vocal scores, orchestra sets and wind band music that is available to borrow for a small charge. They can also provide advice on how and where to obtain sets throughout the UK.

Council news directly to you

The latest news in your inbox every week. Council news, community updates, local events and more.

Sign up Sign up