Your personal data
When processing your personal data, we must tell you what we are doing with it. You have the right to know why we need it, what we’ll do with it and who we are going to share it with. Our Data Protection Officer is Rezaur Choudhury.
Our contact details:
London Borough of Enfield
Phone: 020 8379 1000
We use your personal information to:
- register you as a borrower
- contact you if needed with regards to borrowing and enquiries
Categories of information
The categories of the information that we collect, process, hold and share include:
- date of birth
- phone numbers
- email addresses
- parent or guardian details (family members and relationship to them)
Sharing of information
We routinely share name, address and contact details with a debt collection agency if a reasonable effort to recover outstanding money has not been successful.
This data sharing enables the library service to recover any outstanding items and money owed.
The London Borough of Enfield is part of The London Consortium. Your borrower record will be held on a shared database and your details may be available to other authorities. All personal data is held strictly in accordance with the requirements of the current Data Protection legislation.
Data can be shared with other council services if requested.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will share your personal information with other services that you have signed up to use through the library service.
The lawful basis on which we use this information:
- We rely on you giving consent to the processing of your personal data as the lawful basis on which we collect and use the personal data
- We rely on your explicit consent when collecting special category (sensitive) personal information
Under data protection law you have rights, including:
- Your right of access - you have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
- Your right to rectification - you have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete
- Your right to erasure - you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances
- Your right to restriction of processing - you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Your right to object to processing - you have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Your right to data portability - you have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
If you wish to make a request, please email email@example.com.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Access and storage
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will hold your personal information for the length of your membership.
This privacy notice was updated May 2022.