Temporary accommodation charges

Why has my charge changed?

Charges for temporary accommodation are being changed to reflect Local Housing Allowance. In April 2022, we began charging for temporary accommodation at Local Housing Allowance for new occupants. This is now being extended to cover most households in temporary accommodation.

The charge we make for temporary accommodation varies according to the Local Housing Allowance in that area. Some people will see their charge decrease but most will have an increased charge.

How will this affect me?

For most people on Housing Benefit, your Housing Benefit will cover the charge for temporary accommodation. We are contacting residents directly where this is not the case.

If you're working and not claiming any form of welfare benefit, you will need to pay the charge yourself. If you're struggling to pay the charge, you may need to claim Housing Benefit for help towards the charge.

What support is available?

Our Early Intervention team is contacting everyone whose benefits may be affected. The team can help with employment and training and also make sure that you're claiming the right benefits.

Our Income team can help you if you're having difficulty paying the charge or if you're in arrears.

If you need any assistance, please get in contact with your caseworker or property manager who will be able to support you. If you do not know who to contact, please email tacharges@enfield.gov.uk.

We know this is a really difficult time as many of us are facing rising living costs. If you're struggling to afford the essentials, or need support of any kind, please don’t suffer in silence - help is available through cost of living support.

Council news directly to you

The latest news in your inbox every week. Council news, community updates, local events and more.

Sign up Sign up