Sleeping rough or on the streets

How to get help if you are a rough sleeper

You can get support and advice from StreetLink if you are 18 years old or over – and sleeping rough.

If you are not a rough sleeper, there are other ways to get homelessness help.

Call 999 for emergency help

StreetLink is not an emergency service.

To get medical assistance for yourself or the person you are worried about, please call 111 or 999.

Help a rough sleeper by making a StreetLink alert

To help an adult who is sleeping rough, please make an alert via StreetLink.

This is very important when it is severely cold. Rough sleepers are offered emergency accommodation when the temperature is zero degrees Celsius or below overnight.

Other organisations offering homelessness help and advice

Council news directly to you

The latest news in your inbox every week. Council news, community updates, local events and more.

Sign up Sign up