Homelessness help if you're leaving the armed forces

Are you a veteran? To decide the homelessness help we could offer you, we will assess your circumstances.

Plan ahead to avoid becoming homeless

If you do not have somewhere else to live, start your housing search as soon as possible.

You should get a Certificate of Cessation of Entitlement to Service Families Accommodation. You could get this up to 6 months before you must leave.

This allows you time to find a new place to live before you leave your armed forces accommodation.

Further advice and support for veterans

Council news directly to you

The latest news in your inbox every week. Council news, community updates, local events and more.

Sign up Sign up