Apply to join our staffing database
Staff are always needed to help at the polling stations (Presiding Officers and Polls Clerks), and to count the votes, (Count Assistants and Supervisors).
You can view the job descriptions to find out further information about these roles:
- Role profile for a Presiding Officer (PDF, 174.84 KB)
- Role profile for a Poll Clerk (PDF, 156.01 KB)
- Count Assistant Job Description (PDF, 34.75 KB)
How to apply
To apply for one of these roles, complete an application form:
- Application form for external candidates (DOC, 78 KB)
- Application form for internal candidates (DOC, 117.5 KB)
If your application is successful, we will add your details to the staffing database and send you an email link to create a Mobile Election App account. This is the account we use for all correspondence relating to your elections employment.
Please send the completed application form to email@example.com.
You will have to show you are entitled to work in the UK. You will need to provide one of the following:
- A valid passport
- A full birth certificate issued in the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Ireland, plus an official document giving your permanent National Insurance number
- A residence permit, registration certificate or document showing you are entitled to live in the UK permanently
If you require any further information regarding elections staff recruitment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.