Public Spaces Protection Orders (PSPOs) allow us to work with the police to control antisocial behaviour in public places.
A PSPO imposes prohibitions or restrictions in a public place to stop people committing antisocial behaviour.
Breaking a PSPO is a criminal offence which can result in a Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN) of £100, or a fine of up to £1,000 if prosecuted.
Following a public consultation, the below PSPOs will be issued across Enfield from March 2021.
Summary of PSPOs in Enfield:
- Begging through intimidation
- Control of alcohol consumption
- Holding or throwing fireworks
- Loitering and causing nuisance in and around council estates
- Selling to vehicles on main roads, including services like windscreen washing
- Smoking in children’s playgrounds, including smokeless and electronic cigarettes
- Vehicles parked or left on Council land or land beside the highway for an unreasonable amount of time.
- Dog controls, including:
- picking up faeces and having disposable bags
- walking a maximum of four dogs at a time (or up to six if licensed)
- excluding dogs from certain areas and playgrounds
- keeping dogs on leads
- Vehicle cruising, including:
- driving in groups
- racing and performing stunts
- sounding horns and revving engines
- riding mopeds to cause distress, alarm, annoyance or criminal damage
You should also refer to the original PSPOs in full showing the activities and areas in which each order operates:
- PSPO 1 - orders covering the whole of Enfield (PDF, 326.83 KB)
- PSPO 2 - vehicle cruising (PDF, 205.76 KB)
- PSPO 3 - dogs on a lead (PDF, 107.45 KB)
- PSPO 4 - control of dogs in designated areas (PDF, 193.77 KB)
- PSPO 5 - exclusion of dogs from designated areas (PDF, 167.49 KB)
- PSPO 6 - maximum number of dogs to be walked at the same time (PDF, 252.24 KB)
- PSPO 7 - control of persons loitering within designated areas (PDF, 197.13 KB)
- PSPO 8 - prohibition of selling goods at traffic junctions (PDF, 261.59 KB)
- PSPO 9 - prohibition of smoking in playgrounds (PDF, 267.91 KB)
- PSPO 10 - abandoned vehicles (PDF, 247.7 KB)
- PSPO 11 - control of drug use within designated areas (PDF, 334.44 KB)