Short Break Grant
A Short Break Grant is a payment from Enfield’s Joint Service for Disabled Children towards the cost of activities or services for your disabled child.
The ActivityPlus Short Break Grant is £500 per year.
This is a flexible grant which can be used for activities or services for disabled children, aged 5 to 17 years.
If the grant is agreed part way through the financial year (1 April to 31 March), you will receive the relevant proportion of funding.
The activities or services should be:
- an enjoyable play or leisure opportunity for your child
- an opportunity for children and young people to be included in an activity with family and friends
- a chance for your child to learn or develop a skill
- a chance for parents to have a short break from their caring responsibilities
Examples of activities and services
Up to a total of £200 in any one financial year can be used for your child’s expenses for a family holiday or school residential trip. This includes travel and accommodation costs.
Travel costs to and from the activity or service - public transport, taxis or petrol allowance of 45p per mile.
- horse riding
- Guide and Scout membership
- music and art lessons
- boating and boat trips
- ice skating
- soft play
- cinema and theatre
- swimming lessons
- entrance fees (for example, for museums and theme parks)
- gym membership
- activities when on holiday
- school trips (such as the theatre)
- holiday activity groups and clubs
- after school activity groups and clubs
- weekend activity groups and clubs
- home care agencies
The ActivityPlus Short Break Grant cannot be used to fund:
- academic tuition (for example, maths or english tuition)
- your own support worker or carer employed by you - you may use the grant to fund a support worker or carer from a Home Care Agency
- meals, snacks and drinks
- fees or entrance tickets for other family members
- computer games and consoles
- books and toys
- subscription services and apps (for example, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Playstation, GooglePlay)
For information about services and support, see the Local Offer.
For more information about short breaks, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 8363 4047.