The special educational needs (SEN) service works in partnership with parents, schools and professionals across education, health and social care.
If you are referred, an advisory officer will work with you and your child to:
- be your main contact within the SEN service for your child’s special educational needs
- process a request for an education, health and care plan (EHCP) needs assessment
- co-ordinate and draft your child's EHCP, if an assessment is agreed
- work with you to explain the process and options available
- discuss any concerns that you might have about your child's EHCP needs assessment or the EHCP / advisory plan