Enfield Parent Infant Partnership (EPIP) is a referral service for parents-to-be and parents with babies up to 18 months at referral.
EPIP could offer you support if, at any time, you have felt:
- things are more difficult than you expected
- low or depressed, and think this may be affecting you, your baby, or your relationship
- worried you have not formed a bond with your baby in the way you had hoped
- concerned or anxious about your baby’s development
- becoming a new parent has stirred up some unexpected difficult feeling
What is EPIP?
EPIP is a small team of a specialist health visitor, parent infant psychotherapists and an adult therapist.
They work with parents and their babies to help understand and overcome your worries and concerns. Together with you and your baby, we think about the feelings you have and try to understand and find ways of communicating and enjoying each other.
How EPIP can help
The type of help Enfield Parent Infant Partnership will offer will depend on your circumstances.
Once you’re referred, EPIP will talk to you, or the person who referred you, to decide the best way to offer support.
Examples of support include:
- a home visit from our specialist health visitor
- sessions with our parent infant psychotherapist in the clinic or at a children’s centre near you
If for some reason we don’t think EPIP is the right service for you, we will signpost you to more appropriate services.
For more information, email email@example.com.