Venue approval for civil marriages and partnerships

Pay an approved venue licence fee

We need to approve a premises before it can be used to hold a civil ceremony or wedding. The grant of approval will be valid for a minimum of 3 years.

Your premises will be inspected and your application will be put in a local newspaper.

It is a criminal offence to carry out unapproved activities and, if convicted, you could be given a £5,000 fine.

Apply for approval (PDF, 296.34 KB)

For more information see:

Council news directly to you

The latest news in your inbox every week. Council news, community updates, local events and more.

Sign up Sign up