Trading Standards

Our Trading Standards service areas of work include:

Enfield Trading Standards do not offer business advice - you can get this from businesscompanion.

We do not provide consumer advice. If you need consumer (civil advice), or wish to complain about a business, visit Citizens Advice.

Home improvements

If you’re looking for able trades people, you are advised to use Gas Safe, Part P Competent Persons Schemes, Which? Trusted Traders, TrustMark and other similar schemes. They offer advice on how you can check what registration and vetting procedures are in place. You can also find trusted traders at Age UK London or call them on 0800 334 5056.

If you’re thinking of having a complex build, we advise using the services of a RICS surveyor or project manager.

For consumer advice visit Citizens Advice - Before you get building work done.

You can find out more information on trading standards from the following websites:

Council news directly to you

The latest news in your inbox every week. Council news, community updates, local events and more.

Sign up Sign up