Storing fireworks and explosives licence

Pay a storing fireworks and explosives licence fee

If you want to store up to 5kg of explosive material for retail purposes, you need a licence. Businesses that already hold licences or registrations automatically receive a renewal application form by the end of August each year.

All business are subject to an inspection when they have fireworks in store. New applicants also require a pre-registration inspection.

Businesses that are licensed in this way are permitted to supply fireworks:

Businesses that wish to sell fireworks to the public outside these periods should apply for an all-year-round licence.

It is a criminal offence to carry out unlicensed activities and to sell fireworks to people under 18.

Apply for a storing fireworks and explosives licence (PDF, 58.56 KB)

If your application is unsuccessful, you may appeal to a magistrates' court within 21 days of the decision.

For more information see:

Council news directly to you

The latest news in your inbox every week. Council news, community updates, local events and more.

Sign up Sign up