Pay a sex establishment licence fee
You may need a licence for a sex establishment, including:
- a sex cinema or any venue where explicit films are shown to the public
- a sex shop, which includes any premises
- a sexual entertainment venue (SEV)
It is a criminal offence to carry out unlicensed activities and, if convicted, you could be given a £20,000 fine.
You can use our application form to apply for a new licence or to renew, transfer or make a variation to an existing licence.
Apply for a licence (PDF, 184.57 KB)
Licence applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your application is unsuccessful, you may appeal to a magistrates' court within 21 days of the decision.
For more information visit:
- our fees page for the relevant fee
- our online Licence Register where all applications and licences are recorded
- GOV.UK for the rules about sex establishments