Pleasure boat licence

Pay a pleasure boat licence fee

You need a licence to hire out pleasure boats, for personal use and for carrying passengers. This includes sailboards, rowing boats, canoes, motor boats, pedalos and larger boats. You must not carry more passengers than you are licensed to.

It is a criminal offence to carry out unlicensed activities and, if convicted, you could be given a £50 fine.

Apply for a pleasure boat licence (PDF, 223.68 KB)

For more information visit:

Council news directly to you

The latest news in your inbox every week. Council news, community updates, local events and more.

Sign up Sign up