Citizenship ceremonies are for people living in Enfield who have had their application for British Nationality accepted by the Home Office.
Before they can receive their naturalisation certificate, new citizens must swear or affirm an oath of allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and pledge their loyalty to the UK.
For more information about applying for British citizenship, visit GOV.UK.
To book your ceremony, contact us on 020 8379 1000. You should have your invitation letter from the Home Office with you when you call. Our advisor will ask you for:
- the security number on your letter
- your Home Office reference number
- your name, address and phone number
- details of anyone else in your family attaining citizenship with you
- the names of any guests you wish to bring to your ceremony. There is a maximum of two guests
- the type of allegiance you wish to take
You must bring these items to your ceremony:
- Photographic identification, such as a passport, travel document or driving licence
- Your original invitation letter from the Home Office. A photocopy will not be accepted
If you forget any of these documents, your ceremony will not happen. You will need to arrange a new ceremony for another date.
Only guests that you have told us about before the ceremony will be allowed to attend.
You can arrange your ceremony as soon as you receive your Home Office invitation letter. The Home Office asks that you contact us within 21 days of receiving the letter, but this is not essential. You can still arrange your ceremony after this time.