Discretionary Housing Payment

You can apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) if you get Housing Benefit or Universal Credit housing costs and think that you need extra help paying your rent.

Before applying, you must make sure that the help you currently get, either through Housing Benefit or Universal Credit, is based on your correct income and circumstances.

The DHP fund is limited so we will look at your income and expenses to decide.

You may need to give evidence of:

If you get Universal Credit, you must also provide the following:

You should answer all the questions and give your contact details so we can get in touch if we have any queries.

If your claim is successful, we will send you a letter with details of the payment.

Apply for Discretionary Housing Payment

View our Discretionary Housing Payments Policy (PDF, 227.38 KB).

Disagreeing with your DHP decision

If you disagree with our decision, you can request a review of our decision by emailing revs@enfield.gov.uk. Your request must be made within one month of receiving the decision letter.

This is a discretionary scheme which makes our review decision final with no right of appeal.

Council news directly to you

The latest news in your inbox every week. Council news, community updates, local events and more.

Sign up Sign up