Person in a position of trust
Person in a position of trust (PIPoT) is the process for a decision if a disclosure needs to be made to the employer or registering body of a person working in a position of trust with adults at risk. This is separate to if they are alleged to have abused an adult at risk (where disclosure would be considered as part of the safeguarding process), but applies if something happens outside of work, for example, a racially motivated crime, domestic abuse or a child protection case that makes you concerned about their ability to work with vulnerable people safely.
In Enfield we have a process, including how to refer if the council is the appropriate partner (other partner agencies will have their own PIPoT processes following the Board policy).
- ESAB PIPoT Protocol and Practice Guides DOCX, 81.5 KB
- Appendix E – PIPoT Referral Form DOCX, 760.68 KB
- Appendix A – Managing Concerns and Allegations DOCX, 521.33 KB
- Appendix B – Best Practice When Disclosing Information DOCX, 643.08 KB
- Appendix C – Position of Trust Risk Management DOCX, 722.97 KB
- Appendix D – Factors to Consider Regarding Notifications DOCX, 572.03 KB
- Appendix F – Agenda for Planning Meeting DOCX, 314.94 KB
- Appendix G – Agenda for Case Closure Meeting DOCX, 436.46 KB
- Appendix H – Planning Meeting Minutes Template DOCX, 535.43 KB
- Appendix J – Case Closure Meeting Minutes Template DOCX, 721.73 KB