If you're being abused or supporting someone who has experienced abuse, please get in touch with us. It’s free and you do not have to say who you are.
Safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk is everyone’s responsibility. As someone who might live, work or study in Enfield you have a role too. If you're worried about someone or yourself, please talk to us. You can get help in any of these ways.
Children and young people
If you or the person you are concerned about is under 18 (a child or young person):
- Ring the children Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) Team on 020 8379 5555, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Call the emergency duty team on 020 8379 1000 at night and weekends, and tell them what is happening
- For people who work with children and young people, please make your referral using the Children's Portal
- You can email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In an emergency, such as when someone is being hurt or shut out of their home, ring the police on 999
You can also visit Childline or call them on 0800 1111.
If you don’t want to talk to someone you don’t know, you can ask an adult that you trust, like a teacher or youth worker or even a friend, to make the phone call for you. When people are working with children they have to follow set procedures, but they will explain to you what they will do and should be able to support you through the process.
Childline have launched the ‘For Me’ app. The app to provides counselling for young people via smartphone and other mobile devices. For more information and to download the app for free, visit Childline - For me.
If you or the person you are concerned about is over 18 (an adult at risk) you can call anonymously on the Adult Abuse Line:
- 020 8379 5212 (Textphone 18001 020 8379 5212)
- In an emergency always call 999.
For all Enfield residents
Domestic Abuse freephone helpline
If you have experienced or are currently experiencing being made to feel unsafe by someone close to you, this is domestic abuse. Domestic abuse is not okay and is a crime. There is a specialist team to ensure no one is turned away and support is there for anyone in need.
Call us on 0800 923 9009. We are here to help you.
Modern Slavery helpline
Modern Slavery is a crime that is hidden from plain sight but, occurs everywhere around us. Modern slavery is happening right here in Enfield and it needs to be stopped. An advice line is available to provide information and support for those that have any concerns or general questions regarding modern slavery.
If you would like to discuss your concerns, please contact us on 020 3821 1763 (Monday to Friday, 10am to 2pm), or you can email us at email@example.com.