What is the Safeguarding Adults Board?
The local safeguarding arrangements have been developed through the strong leadership of the Safeguarding Adults Board (SAB). The board is a multi-agency partnership concerned with the safeguarding of adults who are at risk in Enfield. This includes responding to concerns and reports about abuse and developing prevention strategies. The Care Act 2014 has placed SAB on a statutory footing.
SAB includes membership from:
- Enfield Council
- Metropolitan Police
- Enfield Clinical Commissioning Group
- North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust
- Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Voluntary Organisations
- Care Quality Commission
- London Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- London Fire Brigade
- NHS England
SAB has 3 core duties which the Care Act 2014 sets out. These include developing and publishing an annual strategic plan, publishing an annual report which sets out what we have achieved, and commissioning a Safeguarding Adults Review where serious abuse or death has occurred and to ensure lessons learnt.
SAB has 3 sub groups:
- Learning and Development Group identifies learning and development needs. They are responsible for ensuring relevant staff are properly trained to safeguard adults at risk. This group is run jointly with the Safeguarding Children Board.
- Safeguarding Adults Service User, Carer and Patients Group has representation of service users, carers and local people to allow them to influence how we prevent the abuse of adults at risk and respond to reports of abuse.
- Quality, Performance and Safety Group monitors the quality of our response to reports of abuse. They review the design, delivery and care of services and providers, review statistical information, and the delivery of quality assurance activities.
The SAB has a strategy, which sets out how we will work together to prevent abuse and ensure a robust response when abuse does occur. The strategy will be reviewed annually and has an action plan monitored at each board meeting.