What is the Safeguarding Children Partnership?
Working Together 2018 mandated the end of the Children’s Board and the introduction of a partnership. The partnership is formed of the local authority, NHS Clinical Commissioning Group (now the Integrated Care Board) and the police.
At Enfield, the partnership has introduced a rolling chair. The first chair is Detective Superintendent Seb Adjei-Addoh who is Head of Public Protection for the north area BCU of the Metropolitan Police Service.
In addition, the members who attend the Partnership's Executive meetings are:
- Chief Executive, Ian Davis
- Executive Director People, Tony Theodoulou
- Director Children and Family Services, Anne Stoker
- Director of Safeguarding, NHS NCL ICB, David Pennington
- Head Of Service Adults Safeguarding, Sharon Burgess
- Designated Nurse for Safeguarding Children, Chantel Palmer
- Service Manager Safeguarding, Bharat Ayer
- Childrens Partnership Manager, Chloe Pettigrew
Meetings are held every 8 weeks where strategic partnership issues that affect Enfield’s children, young people and families are discussed. These issues can include our reviews, practice development areas, emerging risks and the work of the partnership’s activity groups.
Enfield Safeguarding Children Partnership oversees the work of 3 activity groups jointly with the Safeguarding Adults Board.
Scrutiny of ESCP was completed in 2022 by an Independent Reviewing Agency. The report that was compiled is attached here for you to review.