- Closed consultation
- Start date:
- 01 January 2021
- Closing date:
- 01 January 2021
Residents were asked for their opinions on proposals to change the waste collection service provided by the Council.
Details of the consultation
We sought the views of residents on the future of the waste collection service provided to kerbside properties. That is, those households who have wheeled bins. by the Council.
We asked residents to tell us their views on seven proposals. These included the possible introduction of one or more of fortnightly collections of the blue-lid and grey-lid bins, a chargeable garden materials collection service and a separate weekly food waste collection.
Key drivers behind the consultation included a reduced Council budget and the likelihood of a significant increase in waste disposal costs related to the construction of the new Energy from Waste and Resource Recovery Facility planned at the Eco park in Edmonton.
Who could participate
How the consultation was delivered
The public consultation comprised of:
- An online questionnaire on the Council’s website
- Hard copy questionnaires available in libraries
- Hard copy or other formats of the questionnaires available on request via the Consultation and Resident Engagement Services Team (CREST)
- Emails received directly into the CREST email inbox
- Comments made via social media
Date the consultation closed
6 January 2019
You said / we did
The criteria for the options appraisal will be financial savings, conformity with the Mayor’s Environment Strategy, and the responses to the consultation. Details of the feedback provided are contained within the report of the Cabinet meeting (13 November 2019).
The changes to be implemented to the kerbside collections are as follows:
- Fortnightly collection of dry recyclables (blue-lid bin)
- Fortnightly collection of dry refuse collection/residual waste (grey-lid bin)
- Separate weekly food collection
- Charged collection for food and garden materials
The changes to the kerbside wheeled bin collections will start from Autumn 2019. Residents will be kept updated of the implementation of the changes.
If you have any queries, please email the Consultation and Resident Engagement Services Team on email@example.com