The sensory impairment team at Enfield Council provide services to people who are blind, partially sighted, deaf, hard of hearing or have dual sensory loss.
The sensory impairment team offer:
- hearing impairment needs assessments - including needs assessments for deaf or blind people
- demonstration and issue of equipment
- referral to other services and agencies if required
- joint work with other organisations
We also run a weekly drop-in service on Wednesday mornings, at the at Home Centre in Edmonton, where there are staff who can sign. This provides:
- access to a rehabilitation officer
- equipment assessment
- equipment checks
- information and advice
- signposting to other services as required
This service is for people who are deaf and use British Sign Language and for people who are hard of hearing. All equipment is provided on loan, following an assessment of needs.
The Deaf or hard of hearing drop-in sessions are every Wednesday from 9:30am to 12:30pm at the Home Centre, 14 Centre Way, Claverings Estate, Edmonton, N9 0AH.
You can also contact the sensory impairment team through our adult social care team.
We welcome Text Relay calls on 18001 020 8379 1001.
You can also email email@example.com.
We are open 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
An out-of-hours, emergency only service operates at all other times including bank holidays.