The London Borough of Enfield is split into 21 areas, called wards. Each ward is represented by three councillors, giving Enfield a total of 63 ward councillors. These councillors, elected to represent all residents, govern the way that the council operates, including agreeing key policies and setting Council Tax rates. The council has a team of officers that support councillors in their role and manage the election processes.
Every four years:
- 63 councillors are elected into the 21 wards of the London Borough of Enfield.
- The London Mayor is elected.
- 25 members of the Greater London Assembly are elected, 14 of which represent local constituency areas (Enfield and Haringey) and 11 are elected on a London-wide basis.
Every five years:
- Three Members of Parliament are elected to represent the constituencies of Edmonton, Enfield North and Enfield Southgate at UK Parliament.
- Eight members of the European Parliament are elected to represent the London electoral region.
Enfield Council can provide information on how the council works, who your councillors are, how and what decisions are made, voting, elections, committees and how you can get involved.
This service is for all Enfield residents.
You can contact democratic services through our customer service team or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the British Sign Language introduction for our contact details.