BSL Adult social care

The Enfield Council adult social care service provides support, information and advice for people over the age of 18 with health and social care needs. This includes equipment for daily living and adaptations to homes.

We aim to help people over the age of 18 stay healthy, independent and safe, both at home and in the community. We offer assistance to help protect people in need and prevent the risk of abuse, harm or neglect.

We provide a confidential information and assessment service for residents of Enfield (including carers) to ensure that those who need care and support get the right type of help. Priority is given to those who live alone or are unable to manage without assistance.

Other types of support provided includes, home support, rehabilitation after illness and ongoing assistance for those with long-term needs.

Our sensory impairment team offer assessments, information and advice to those with sensory impairments, for example, sight or hearing loss.

Adult social care services are provided to those over the age of 18, who are in need or at risk. This includes needs arising from illness, disability, old age or poverty.

You may need to pay for some of the services you receive. This depends on individual circumstances and will be worked out by a financial assessment.

Even if you are not eligible to receive financial help, you can still contact the adult social care team for information, advice and guidance.

You can contact the adult social care team directly by emailing

We welcome calls on 020 8379 1001.

We are open 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.

An out-of-hours, emergency only service operates at all other times including bank holidays.

Council news directly to you

The latest news in your inbox every week. Council news, community updates, local events and more.

Sign up Sign up