Over the next twenty years, our regeneration plans will transform some of the most deprived areas of London. This will include Meridian Water, a £6 billion development delivering 10,000 new homes and creating 6,700 new jobs.
We have set up a Place and Design Quality Panel to support our vision to:
- make Enfield a better place to live and work
- promote high quality design and sustainable development
- protect Enfield's unique character
The panel will be made up of industry experts who will offer advice and provide clarity on decision making. They will give advice on placemaking, urban design quality and the sustainability of developments.
Though the panel have no legal function their advice will be considered in our planning decision making process.
The panel's objectives will be to:
- support well designed, sustainable buildings and public spaces
- review pre-application schemes and encourage applicants to bring schemes early
- consider and comment on major planning applications
- help with design excellence and a Design Framework for Enfield
- offer the chance for schemes to be reviewed
- give support to placemaking for the Meridian Water Placebook
The Enfield Design Panel is made up of two panel chairs and 38 panel members. These are professionals drawn from the public and private sectors, who can provide knowledge in:
- urban design and placemaking
- landscape architecture
- town planning
- inclusive access
- environmental sustainability
- infrastructure design and delivery
- development delivery
To avoid any conflicts of interest, panel members have signed a confidentiality agreement and conflict of interest declaration as part of the appointment process.