You are here: Home | Keeping Safe | Are you worried...?

Are you worried...?

Are you worried about your safety, or the safety of someone you know?

Whether the situation relates to home, school or out on the streets, don’t suffer in silence speak to someone who can help as soon as you can.

Who can you turn to?

If you are in immediate danger call emergency services on 999.

For all other situations you should talk to a trusted adult in the first instance.

If you are out on the street and feel unsafe look out for shops and buildings displaying the CHiPS logo. During their opening times you can go in and get help if you are lost, worried or have been the victim of crime, bullying or intimidation.

We're here to protect and support young people

You can also turn to Enfield Council as we provide services to protect and support young people.

Support is available from the Council's Children's Services Assessment Team.

You can contact them direct on 020 8379 2507 or 020 8379 2230 during normal office hours 9am to 5pm, Mon to Fri. At any other time you can call 020 8379 1000 and ask to speak to the out of hours duty team.

Enfield Safeguarding Children Board

Visit the Enfield Safeguarding Children Board website to find out more about how the teams across the borough are ensuring the safety of the children and young people of Enfield.

ESCB Website screenshot
Call 999

If you are in immediate danger call emergency services on 999.

If you are out and about and feel unsafe you can call in to shops and high street premises displaying the CHiPS logo:

Chips 1

Know someone at risk of being involved with gangs

Anyone who has concerns about a child or wants advice can contact the NSPCC for free 24 hours a day, by calling 0808 800 5000, emailing, texting 88858 or using an online reporting form available at

You can choose to remain anonymous if you wish.